ba

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Personal Style Interview: Karol

Karol is a stylist so I'm pretty chuffed that she is doing this interview :-) she also shares the same feeling with me as regards harem pants! A look I can admire in others but cannot be caught dead in!  Other than being a stylist, she is also a marketer and a makeup artist. To see more of her work check out her facebook page  Styled by Owidh'Karol  

Some say fashion is cyclical; others see it as a constant reinvention of taste. But no matter how you look at it, style is always personal.

 1. Outfit for a night out:  
 Whatever I wear always has to have an element of sequin, spikes, or studs. For some reason shiny things just make me happy





2. For lounging around you throw on. You’ll find me in jeans or anything comfortable…


 



3. Which motto do you most relate to?
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Variety is the spice of life.

Wear your heart on your sleeve.
Fortune favors the bold.

You can never be too rich or too thin.
4. What’s your signature makeup look? A soft lip colour (mostly purple or red) with a neutral eye-shadow colour.



5. If you could only wear one piece of jewelry it would be? My watch or earrings, either one of the two..


6. What would you wear for a typical day at work? when it comes to fashion and beauty jobs, I’m allowed to dress casually, plus I also spend most of my time on my feet, so definitely flat shoes are a must, and any other outfit that’s comfortable. 



On the other hand if I have to dress formal, I’ll usually opt for a plain dress or skirt as my starting point, then I can layer it with cute pieces here and there. 




7. What is your favorite accessory? A wrist watch (you can always dress it up or down)


8. Who do you consider your celebrity fashion icon? I don’t think I have any, but I do appreciate Kelis unique style.. she's a bit weird in her outfit choices. I wouldn’t copy it, but I definitely think it’s cool… 





10. Describe the underwear you are wearing RIGHT NOW. it’s not cute. Am embarrassed NEEEEXT..


11. What is your age group? Early twenties? Mid twenties? Late twenties? In your thirties? In your forties?  Early twenties baby….the “Golden Years” ….NOT

12 What is your occupation? Marketer/Fashion stylist/Makeup artist

13. Are you a parent? And if so does it have an impact in your style NOPE


14. Are you married and if so does it affect your style? NOPE


15. What you would never be caught dead in? those MC Hammer/Aladin/Harem pants… I say NONONONONO(in my destiny’s child voice) 




16. What’s one trend or look that really irritates you? Those mc hammer pants again they just don’t flatter a woman’s figure.. But I have to say they do look good on some males “SOME” being the key word here. For men its those tight skinny jeans, it makes them seem like they are trying too hard.


17. What inspires your style? I guess it depends on my mood .. Sometimes I feel girly or classy or ratchet or bitchy or daring etc.. That will inspire what I wear on that day.


18. Your best physical feature or one you get most compliments? Probably my body shape or my big eyes. 


19. Last outfit your bought? A pair of weird flared pants that look like a pleated  skirt, and a cute black coat from toi market….


20. Your personal style in one word. SimplisticSheek


21. Worst look you ever wore?  These Pencil like tights that I got from some hawker, which ripped right down the middle during rave one night and I had to walk around the rest of the night with my friends scarf tied around my waist…

22. A look that you always find attractive in the opposite sex? A well fitting outfit that’s not to tight or too baggy but just right


23. What is weird about you? Practically everything..


24. What is unique about you? I’ve often been told that the way react to different situations around me is just different from the average person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment