ba

Thursday, October 24, 2013

LONDON FASHION WEEK SPRING SUMMER 2014: ZOE JORDAN

London for some reason holds a fond place in my heart and I'm actually surprised that its taken me this long to do a fashion week review.

London as a city is such a melting pot of different cultures yet still retaining that British touch.  The designer information is from LFW official website,

DESIGNER NAME: Zoë Jordan

BACKGROUND: Zoë studied architecture, however her love for clothing construction prevailed and Zoë Jordan was launched in spring/summer 12.

SIGNATURES: "The coming together of the androgynous and the feminine, handsome and ethereal, structured and languid. Essentially, Zoë Jordan represents feminine swagger and a boyish insouciance."

IDEAL CLIENT: “She's the boys’ best friend and the girls’ confidante.”

TRADEMARK: "Beautifully tailored coats with a Savile Row influence."

THE COLLECTION: “For SS14 I have been inspired by the progression and evolution of 'luxury street wear'. This season I am trying to bring together some of the more popular themes and movements that have been the pulse over the last couple of decades of the fast-paced, urban, multicultural capital, London - that I am proud to call home. Elements from graffiti, 90s street art and urban wear seem to merge beautifully into the brands already core values of sharp cuts and structured pieces with a blend of soft tailoring and loosely fitted tees.”

FAVOURITE COLLECTION TO DATE: “I am not sure I have a favourite but for SS14 I have been re-visiting some of my own experiences and trends from the 90s, which is proving to be a lot of fun and a tad nostalgic!”

WHO EMBODIES THE SPIRIT OF YOUR BRAND? “Anyone who is confident in her approach to fashion and who is not afraid to show her femininity with an off-beat, boyish elegance.”


WALPOLE Awards for Excellence- Best Emerging British Luxury Brand- Finalist 2012

Shortlisted for the BFC/Vogue Designer Fashion Fund 2012

Below are looks from this collection that caught my eye:

I hated the shoes in this collection but i really dig this look!

I love white, I love tunic dresses so this was a win for me and the metallic detail just made this dress so cool






No comments:

Post a Comment