ba

Monday, November 11, 2013

Personal Style Interview: Sarah

Sarah at one point sat in front of me in class and was a food prefect so our circle of friends could enjoy extra potatoes on certain days! Hahahah you can laugh but that was a big luxury! Sarah is very stylish  and it's an honor to have her on my blog. She is a mummy to an equally stylish baby boy.

Some say fashion is cyclical; others see it as a constant reinvention of taste. But no matter how you look at it, style is always personal.
 1. Outfit for a night out:   

The yellow peplum top and jeans. It’s comfortable; I don’t have to worry about my legs feeling coldJ).








2. For lounging around you throw on.  

The orange hi-lo dress. Its comfortable…I can breastfeed in it as it has the buttons at the frontJ) plus you can just throw in nice doll shoes or wedges in case the boyfriend wants us to go for lunch with the baby.




3. Which motto do you most relate to?
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Variety is the spice of life.

Wear your heart on your sleeve.
Fortune favors the bold.

You can never be too rich or too thin.

4. What’s your signature makeup look?

Gold eye shadow and eyeliner and mascara…its simple easy to do and looks pretty. My new favorite is red lips and abit of subtle eye makeup…

5. If you could only wear one piece of jewelry it would be?
Statement earrings. Unique African, contemporary, fancy button earings. This are my new favouriteJ) they make me look like a goddess with a simple bun hairstyle…..oh and neck pieces I looooove colourful bright neck  jewelleryJ)ohyou said oneJ)







6. What would you wear for a typical day at work? 
My typical day at work is jeans and flat shoes..as I walk a lot looking for paper so I need to be comfortable and have to move fast. I really don’t have to dress up too much as a graphic designer but I have to be presentable when I'm meeting clients especially




7. What is your favorite accessory?
Hmmmm that’s a hard one…shoes and jewellery.

8. Who do you consider your celebrity fashion icon?
Hmmm....i won’t mention all the fancy names as I have no clue…plus I like working with people or things that are accessible and you can work with or work around…however I like how Tia & Tamera the sisters dress, Kourtney Kardashian…locally Patricia Kihoro…I like how she seems to have something African in her outfit most times. As I also love African prints, accessories…Sana.

10. Describe the underwear you are wearing RIGHT NOW
Haha…pass

11. What is your age group? Early twenties? Mid twenties? Late twenties? In your thirties? In your forties?
mmmmm…late twentiesJ)

12 What is your occupation?
Graphic and jewelry designer

13. Are you a parent? And if so does it have an impact in your style
Yes, am a mummy to a lovely boy Leo. He is 1 yr and 5 months.It has an impact on my style because if am going to a place with him I have to wear dresses or tops that I can breast feed in…and I prefer flats because I worry falling when am carrying him in heelsJ) he is a boy you knowJ so much action and energy







14. Are you married and if so does it affect your style?
Not married.

15. What you would never be caught dead in?
Harem pants. I don’t think they look good on me and micro mini’sJ)

16. What’s one trend or look that really irritates you?
Hmmm..can’t think of any at the top of my head. But people who wear clothes that don’t suit their body style just because its in fashion….not goodJ)


17. What inspires your style?
African themes, kitenge,prints and colour colour colour!!


18. Your best physical feature or one you get most compliments?
Hmm my faceJ) am told am prettyJ))…..vanity nayoJ)



19. Last outfit your bought?
My graduation dress. PrettyJ


20. Your personal style in one word
Classic

21. Worst look you ever wore?
Orange baggy jeans when I was in primary school…horrible…the shade was just wrong…plus instead of looking colour inspired it looked like a horrible fashion accident….you could hear me screaming just by looking at the picJ)

22. A look that you always find attractive in the opposite sex?
Slim fit suits…yumJ)


23. What is weird about you?
Hmmm…sisemiJ))gosh that’s tough…


24. What is unique about you?
I have an eye for creative things…in my own style.





No comments:

Post a Comment