ba

Friday, August 28, 2015

Let's talk Silk

I met up with a couple of friends two weeks ago and one of them was wearing a stylish yellow silk top that reminded me how much I love the feel of silk.   If worn well, Silk can give you a luxurious look. I bought a silk fabric about three years ago and even took it to the tailor but for some darn reason I could not make up my mind on the design nor was I convinced the tailor would't overwork it or know how to cut and stitch it as required. One minute I would want a draped dress, the next a maxi dress, the next a pair of blouses and the next a fitted skirt. As you can see my thoughts were all over the place. Seeing that silk top reminded me how much I want to incorporate more silk items to my look. So below are a few ways that you can wear silk or a few ways that I personally find stylish.

This is one of my favourite looks. This is stretch silk meaning it has 5% elastane. I am not a fan of brown but i would definitely wear this outfit. The top is less fitting which balances with the fitted bottom.
I'm usually wary of prints but this butterfly silk dress is absolutely gorgeous. I have thing about back details and this dress sells me on the back detail alone.
Front view of the butterfly silk dress


Cara is slaying in this high slit silk maxi skirt. 
Before I became self conscious about my arms silk cami tops were a staple in my closet. I really love them with fitted blazers.
I love simple silk tops in monotones. It gives you an expensive and classic look. You can dress it up or dress it down
One of my favourite official looks. Silk tee's come in handy.


I think I'm finally ready to embrace the wide legged and palazzo pants trend and silk is the perfect way to do it. I love this outfit though it needs darker shoes. The way the top just hangs and slouches on her is one of my favourite things about silk. This can be both  work outfit as well as a social look
So chic!

White on white
Now this is fashion. Nicole Richie in a white and blue embroidered silk trouser

High low silk skater dress
This silk print dress is so alluring!!!!
So elegant. Full silk skirt paired with a fitted knit top
Talk about being a siren!
I like the red silk skirt. I don't know the mess that is going on with that top but this skirt would be a stunner
A beautiful transition outfit. The white silk top works well with the red blazer
Asymmetrical silk skirt

Michael Kors Silk Blouse
Animal print silk shirt










Print silk dress in Fuschia


Chinese silk print dress. Those shoes are hot!

Double volume using silk. This is a tricky look and mostly for petite frames
Silk kimono. I prefer them with shorts or tights
Love the oversize silk top



No comments:

Post a Comment