ba

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Introduction: Hair Segment


Maintenance is what you have to do just so you can walk out the door knowing that if you go to the market and bump into a guy who once rejected you, you won’t have to hide behind a stack of canned food. I don’t mean to be too literal about this.

…the amount of maintenance involving hair is genuinely overwhelming. Sometimes I think that not having to worry about your hair any more is the secret upside of death. 

The two quotes are by Nora Ephron and if you look up more of her quotes you will find out that she cuts through the pretentious nonsense society so loves to uphold.

My mother loves to quote  the Swahili saying that 'Mwanamke ni Nywele' which roughly translates to a woman is hair. Hair matters. That is a fact. While I there are times in my life when I certainly embraced  India Arie's 'I am not my hair' mantra, I must admit that overall, the state of my hair does affect me and once I accepted that my life was much easier.

Personally my hair forms part of my accessories and at times is the main piece in my overall look , as such I decided to introduce a hair segment to this style blog. Like everything else in my life I will allow it to be what it will be. I chaff against too much restriction hence I try to be careful not to place the same on other. As with the beauty segment, the hair segment will also feature guest bloggers as well as my own posts.

This should be an interesting ride :)

No comments:

Post a Comment