ba

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Black like that....black models




























As a blogger one of the common question I get is why my photos are not predominantly of black models. It is a fair question more so in the fashion industry where there's a 'vanilla' takeover where most magazine covers are predominantly non black models. When i first started style blogging i was all enthusiastic about only using images of black starting with Kenyan, then African then the larger world models...but alas on doing my research those images are often rare. Sadly I have not yet attained my dream of being both a stylist and a photographer so I do use what I have. It doesn't mean it doesn't bug me to be part of the conspiracy to keep black models out of the major fashion shows and magazines.

I want to do a post on some of the black models we have be it professional or at amateur level. as with my inspiration posts you will be seeing this on a regular basis

No comments:

Post a Comment