ba

Thursday, May 3, 2012

wellington boots...This is for Ngendo

So Nairobi is wet wet and some more wetness. Everyday it pours in the morning and from 3pm in the afternoon and for some bizarre reason our drainage system has become much worse than it ever worse....perhaps we should curse the Chinese we so welcomed with fanfare to build our roads. That said and done after several; weeks of walking in puddles and rivers( I kid you not!) of water of questionable content I decided i want wellingtons as 'gumboots'or 'rubber boots'















as we Kenyan so fondly call them. I am yet to identify a source but I believe several of my clients and friends have shown much interest including my good friend Ng'endo who so reminded me of the appropriate names for the boots :-)
As with all things lets have fun seeing how we can wear these oh so necessary boots in these perilous times of mud, rain, sewers and who knows what else...as you can see you can wear them with different outfits. If you are very straight laced I guess tick to black...but to me that is soooooooooooooooooooooo boring...the weather is drab enough so play with colour,patterns etc. Do not forget your layering as you do your whole look.

1 comment:

  1. So many boots here ... if only we could organize to transport them

    ReplyDelete